The drunkard’s babel



Don’t call me a drunkard; I drink to be honest

The world kills the candid men; you either lie or die

Spirits make us blurt out the harshest of the bitter truths

Hence listen, sober fools

Often the protagonist and the hero of a tale are different

The protagonist is destined to be, but to be a hero is a matter of choice

The protagonist shoulders the responsibility because the hero bears the burden

The protagonist was because the heroes rose

Sadly, the heroes are forgotten as the legends are propagated

No one knows which is inherent and which you absorbed over the years

Tales are a grotesque mixture of innocence and vile astuteness

They now spread rigor mortis slowly into inspiration

Should I fight or should I love the death of the spirit

The answer glows as the warmth spreads

Leave the coils and be a free soul eternally

And hence I drink and strive to peel off the layers to reveal the reality

Don’t call me drunkard; I drink to understand humanity

Comments

machi... oru quarter sollen.
Archana said…
For me too!! :D... esp when we are seeing another movie together... oru quarter please bhava!! :)..

Popular posts from this blog

Our Poem :) An ode to the new year

The Riddle called life.

Chennai (Un)friendly?